Oaxaca Black Clay Spiky Tray
BARRO NEGRO OF OAXACA
This beautiful tray, handcrafted in Oaxaca, México, features a unique, spiky design inspired by pre-hispanic motifs. Use it to display items on a coffee or end table, and for serving small bites and appetizers.
A style of pottery unique to Oaxaca, barro negro is distinguished by its color and silvery finish. It's origins date back centuries and the color is derived not from dye or glaze but from the use of special, locally-sourced clay. Every piece is hand-polished which results in its sultry sheen.
These pieces are designed and produced in San Bartolo de Coyotepec, a community in Oaxaca with a long history of producing barro negro pottery. All clay is locally sourced from the hills of the region and handmade (no pottery wheels are used).
- Handmade in Oaxaca, Mexico
- Sizes - Serving bowl: 11" L x 5.5" W
- Materials - Oaxacan black clay
- Care - To clean, hand wash (with non abrasive materials) and towel dry (or air dry). Not recommended for use in the dishwasher or microwave.
- 5% of proceeds are donated to plant and restore mangrove forests in Baja, Mexico