Oaxaca Black Clay Bowls
BARRO NEGRO OF OAXACA
Buy 3 or more and save 10%. Discount applied at check out.
Smooth black clay (barro negro) bowls handcrafted in Oaxaca, México. Available in four sizes and perfect for all of your serving needs, ranging from snacks, salsas and dips, to large salads and pasta or ice cream for dessert. Use them as centerpieces on your coffee table, or for storing small items like jewelry. These beautiful black bowls are true works of art, as gorgeous as they are versatile.
A style of pottery unique to Oaxaca, barro negro is distinguished by its color and silvery finish. It's origins date back centuries and the color is derived not from dye or glaze but from the use of special, locally-sourced clay. Every piece is hand-polished which results in its sultry sheen.
These pieces are designed and produced in San Bartolo de Coyotepec, a community in Oaxaca with a long history of producing barro negro pottery. All clay is locally sourced from the hills of the region and handmade (no pottery wheels are used).
- Handmade in Oaxaca, México
- Sizes - Small Snack bowl: 5" D x 2.5" H; Cereal Bowl: 6" D x 2.5" H; Medium Serving Bowl: 7.5" D x 2.5" H and Large Serving Bowl: 8" D x 3.5" H
- Materials - Oaxacan black clay
- Care - To clean, hand wash (with non abrasive materials) and towel dry (or air dry). Not recommended for use in the dishwasher or microwave.
- 5% of proceeds are donated to plant and restore mangrove forests in Baja, Mexico