Cilindro Ceramic Vase - White
CERAMICS OF GUADALAJARA
Our popular cilindro vase is now available in a white wash finish. Designed and handcrafted in Guadalajara, a region of Mexico with a long history of ceramics production. A stone-like texture makes this decorative vase both distinctive and stunning. Featuring natural burn marks from the firing process that are muted by a white, chalk-like finish. Every piece is slightly different in color, size and markings due to the handmade nature - which is what makes each one so special.
We work with an artist, Dario, who designs and crafts each piece in his small studio. He utilizes local clay from the Tlaquepaque region. Dario is committed to keeping pre-Hispanic ceramic techniques alive today and, accordingly, he fires each piece with one of two ancient techniques: an open fire, or a pit fire. The result is a very unique style of pottery that is both contemporary and rustic.
- Handcrafted in Guadalajara, Mexico
- Materials: Locally sourced clay
- Size: 6" x 7" (each vase varies slightly in size, larger or smaller)
- Intended as decor or for dry stems only
- If needed, rinse carefully in water and lay upside down on a towel to dry