Black Clay Mezcal Vessel
BARRO NEGRO OF OAXACA
A beautiful black clay mezcal bottle for storing and enjoying your favorite spirits. Experience the essence of mezcal (or tequila) in this gorgeous vessel. Featuring an agave-inspired design, cork stopper and matching clay bottle cap (that doubles as a copita, or little glass). Also an excellent and unique gift, especially when paired with a bottle of mezcal or tequila.
A style of pottery unique to Oaxaca, barro negro is distinguished by its color and silvery matte finish. It's origins date back centuries and the color is derived not from dye or glaze but from the use of special, locally-sourced clay. Every piece is hand-polished which results in its sultry sheen.
Our pieces are produced in San Bartolo Coyotepec, a community in Oaxaca with a long history of producing barro negro pottery. All clay is locally sourced from the hills of the region and handmade (no pottery wheels are used).
- Handmade in Oaxaca, Mexico
- Includes cork stopper and matching clay bottle cap which doubles as a glass
- Size: 5" W at the base and 7" tall
- Materials: Oaxacan black clay
- Care: Rinse the bottle with water and carefully lay it on a dry towel upside down to air dry (we recommend leaning it against something for stability).