Pai Pai Short Ceramic Vase
HANDCRAFTED IN BAJA
Ground-fired decorative ceramic vase handmade in Baja, Mexico. The black markings are a result of the firing process, making each piece entirely unique.
This type of pottery is designed and handmade by Daria Mariscal in a very remote town in northern Baja, Mexico. Daria harvests and hand-processes the local clay and ground-fires each piece, as generations of her female ancestors have before her. She is one of less than 200 members of the Pai Pai group, an indigenous community in Baja pre-dating the Spanish settlement. Daria speaks Pai Pai and Spanish.
Due to the handmade nature of the pieces, each one will vary slightly in size, shape, and appearance.
These are very limited edition pieces; we have only a few and do not re-stock often.
- Handcrafted in Baja, Mexico
- Materials: Clay locally sourced in Baja
- Size: 5" H x 5" D (each piece may vary slightly in size and appearance)
- Intended as decor or for dry stems only. Also suitable as a small indoor planter.
- Care: If needed, rinse carefully in water and let air dry